The monument of Salavat Yulaev
The monument of Salavat Yulaev is the most famous monument of Ufa. It was unveiled on 17.11.1967. Salavat Yulaev is a Bashkir national hero, poet, and companion of Emelian Pugachev, buried in oblivion on the orders of Catherine II. The Bashkir still remember and revere their hero who fought for their rights. The monument is depicted on the coat-of-arms of the Republic of Bashkortostan and has become a landmark of Ufa and Bashkiria. The monument is 9.8 meters high and its weight is 40 tons. The creator of the monument is a famous sculptor of monuments and artist, his name is Soslanbek Tavasiev. The monument of Salavat Yulaev is rightly considered the best creation of Tavasiev.
The Congress Hall
The State Concert Hall Bashkortostan
The Racetrack was opened in Ufa in 1992; its stands hold 5 thousand spectators. At present, it is a unique sports facility meeting international standards, which can hold up to 15 thousand spectators. “Akbuzat” has four stables for 190 horse spaces. By celebration of the 450th anniversary year of the voluntary joining of Bashkiria to Russia, a large-scale reconstruction of the racetrack was carried out. After the facility was opened in autumn 2007, races and various sports competitions of international levels are held here.
The Lyalya-Tyulpan mosque was built in 1998 by architect Vakil Davletshin. The height of the mosque minarets is 53 meters. It is interesting to compare it with the Kazan mosque Kul-Sharif. The mosques are very different, both being beautiful in their own way. The Lyalya-Tyulpan mosque does not have the grandeur and mightiness of its Kazan sister, but it has fineness, elegance, and subtlety. The Lyalya-Tyulpan mosque was opened in 1998. The design was based on the symbol of the coming spring, a blooming tulip (which since the old days is a symbol of Turkic peoples), while its minarets impersonate two buds. The modern appearance of the mosque was chosen to make it more attractive to everyone, first of all, to the youth.
The Monument of Friendship
The Monument of Friendship was built in 1957. The monument is dedicated to the 400th year-anniversary of the voluntary joining of Bashkiria to the Russian state. At the monument base, there are figures of two women – a Russian and a Bashkir. The sculptors are M. Baburin, and G. Levitskaya. The architects are E. Kutyrev, and G.Gavrilov. The height of the granite monument is 33 m. One hundred granite steps lead to the foot of the monument. The monument is situated on the place of the Kremlin (that marked the beginning of the city), later — the Trinity Cathedral, which was demolished in June 1956.